Mission Statement

TWD Zone is an international fan site and community focused on providing spoilers on The Walking Dead and other shows as well as providing a no hate/no drama community where diversity of opinions is both welcomed and respected
  1. TWD, FTWD, GoT, Punisher, Better Call Saul, & Black Panther all grabbed Saturn Award nominations-read the full list, Other TV Shows, Awards 2018 topic.
  2. Amazon has picked up The Expanse for season 4, after Syfy cancellation !
  3. A lot of studio filming, but check out the filming spoilers for episode 2 in TWD--Spoilers
  4. Check out the pics, trailers and spoilers for the June 3rd episode of Fear in FTWD--Spoilers

Site Welcome to the new, improved TWD Zone!

Discussion in 'Announcements and Introduce yourself' started by Ripley, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Ripley

Ripley Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Original Survivor

Ratings:
    +8,084
    Welcome everyone to the new and improved TWD Zone!

We thought it was time to celebrate the site's second birthday by improving the site.

We have removed 50+ sub-forums to make navigation easier, refined the design and kept everything about the first Zone site that you love. We brought over all of our custom-designed smilies and are adding profile badges showing all the groups you belong to: Original Survivor, VIP members, Former Moderators, Staff, etc.

We have a few last touches but we will work quietly and fast while business runs as usual!

Please browser your favorite areas, start posting and make yourselves at home here. All of our staff members are happy to help with any questions you have.

We have tutorials in place for loading avatars posting photos (same as before) and much more. :)

• Like Like x 12
  2. darkandstormy

darkandstormy Grady Security Officer VIP Member

Ratings:
    +797
    Love the new site, it's visually more appealing! At first I was confused ~ one minute I was playing a game, collecting candies ~ then the next, my password didn't work. It didn't take long to get acclimated though. Congrats on the 2nd Anniversary Upgrade!:cheer:

• Like Like x 4
  3. Rosee

Rosee Rosie - Goddess Staff Member Moderator Original Survivor

Ratings:
    +2,171
    Loving this new place!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ripley

Ratings:
    +8,084
    Yeah, we had a bit of a hiccup this morning @darkandstormy, bu glad you like it. We will all get used to it very fast.

Thanks @Rosee and congratulations on joining TWD Zone staff. As a site founder, you bring a special understanding and wisdom plus your great sense of humor.

• Like Like x 4
  5. dark sister

dark sister Stormborn Staff Member Moderator Original Survivor

Ratings:
    +4,953
    I hope you all love it! I already do

And yes, for those of you that like darker looks, you CAN change your view to a darker color. Scroll to the bottom of the page, where you see "TWD Zone Light" click it and change to "Dark." (I know that was a popular ask on the old site so I figured I'd throw it out there right away)

• Like Like x 6
  6. Ripley

Ratings:
    +8,084
    Thanks @darksister, yes it is great to have a choice on devices! :) I forgot to mention that. PLus being able to add all the groups a member is in, since most members belong in several groups.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rosee

Rosee Rosie - Goddess Staff Member Moderator Original Survivor

Ratings:
    +2,171
    Thank you :cheer::):heart:

• Like Like x 2
  8. carolpenny

carolpenny Woodbury Partygoers

Ratings:
    +85
    I really love the new graphic and structure! Good job :cheer:

• Like Like x 5
  9. jeowyn

jeowyn Grady Security Officer

Ratings:
    +888
    I gotta agree! I love everything about this! Amazing work!!

• Like Like x 5
  10. dark sister

dark sister Stormborn Staff Member Moderator Original Survivor

Ratings:
    +4,953
    I'm glad you guys like it. Thanks for letting us know :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ripley

Ratings:
    +8,084
    Welcome, everyone who was prompted for a password reset!

The outages will be a rare, not a regular thing here. Look around, feel free to post, upload an avatar, a signature etc. :grouphug:

• Like Like x 2
  12. greaterpursuit

greaterpursuit Bias Onion Farmer Original Survivor

Ratings:
    +2,882
    :cheer::cheer::cheer: She's still here! I know, my priorities are off .. lol

• Like Like x 3
  13. sonia

sonia Northern Dreamwalker Staff Member Moderator Original Survivor

Ratings:
    +2,269
    I love the new site! Very sharp.

Just one question. Did we lose the existing posts? I was looking to continue the discussion in some threads I posted in during the weekend and I can't find them.

• Like Like x 4
  14. mia

mia Daryl's Jasper Stone Original Survivor VIP Member

Ratings:
    +807
    [​IMG] Love the new site!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 5
  15. Ripley

Ratings:
    +8,084
    Sonia, we have lost nothing at this point, although I know you may not be able to see the old site right now. We did not bring over every post, because there were concerns that some members might feel uncomfortable seeing their old posts here. We do have the ability to bring over everything with a little more time though.

@walkingdeadrules, @darksister @murph, @nana @honkytonkwoman, @merelei @keiran

• Like Like x 4
  16. Ripley

Ratings:
    +8,084
    Thanks, @mia. We wanted it to be a special 2-year birthday gift to members and also have stability since the old site experienced outages in the system which had nothing to do with us, yet affected us.

Running and modding the site is much easier now with state of the art tools. We can embed more types of video, have better signatures and avatars plus navigate the site easily with fewer and merged boards.

We knew we had to bring over all of our custom smilies in addition to the great ones Xenforo has.

• Like Like x 3
  17. sonia

sonia Northern Dreamwalker Staff Member Moderator Original Survivor

Ratings:
    +2,269
    I was looking everywhere, not finding them. Just wanted to make sure that I was not senile. lol :giggle:

18. Ripley

Ratings:
    +8,084
    No, not at all. We have some great plans for the old site, we will post about later this week and yes, we can bring over more favorite topics if everyone wants those. We wanted to be sensitive to how members might feel and staff had some concerns around it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. weedsorwildflowers

weedsorwildflowers Easy Street Siren Staff Member Star Contributor

Ratings:
    +1,884
    Congratulations to everyone on the new site :cheers:

Thanks administration forwork! :golfclap::rose:

• Like Like x 4
  20. Ripley

Ratings:
    +8,084