• Teaser posted for Barry, season 2
  • Get ready for the season 3 finale of True Detective, next Sunday. TV Shows
  • Netflix cancels The Punisher and Jessica Jones, TV Shows
  • Watch the opening scene from TWD, 9.11, "Bounty", TWD Spoilers
  • Better Things returns on 2/28/19, TV Shows
  • photos and some spoilers posted for the Downton Abbey film
  • Call The Midwife returns to PBS for season 8 on March 31, 2019
  • Arrested Development announces returns for season 5-B, TV Show
  • The Passage titles for the final four episodes of season 1 are posted, TV Shows

Site Welcome to the new, improved TWD Zone!

Ripley

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Original Survivor
Credits
Welcome everyone to the new and improved TWD Zone!

We thought it was time to celebrate the site's second birthday by improving the site.

We have removed 50+ sub-forums to make navigation easier, refined the design and kept everything about the first Zone site that you love. We brought over all of our custom-designed smilies and are adding profile badges showing all the groups you belong to: Original Survivor, VIP members, Former Moderators, Staff, etc.

We have a few last touches but we will work quietly and fast while business runs as usual!

Please browser your favorite areas, start posting and make yourselves at home here. All of our staff members are happy to help with any questions you have.

We have tutorials in place for loading avatars posting photos (same as before) and much more. :)

darkandstormy

S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent
VIP Member
Credits
Love the new site, it's visually more appealing! At first I was confused ~ one minute I was playing a game, collecting candies ~ then the next, my password didn't work. It didn't take long to get acclimated though. Congrats on the 2nd Anniversary Upgrade!:cheer:

Ripley

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Original Survivor
Credits
Yeah, we had a bit of a hiccup this morning @darkandstormy, bu glad you like it. We will all get used to it very fast.

Thanks @Rosee and congratulations on joining TWD Zone staff. As a site founder, you bring a special understanding and wisdom plus your great sense of humor.

day dreamer

Queen in the North
Staff member
Original Survivor
Credits
I hope you all love it! I already do

And yes, for those of you that like darker looks, you CAN change your view to a darker color. Scroll to the bottom of the page, where you see "TWD Zone Light" click it and change to "Dark." (I know that was a popular ask on the old site so I figured I'd throw it out there right away)

Ripley

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Original Survivor
Credits
Thanks @darksister, yes it is great to have a choice on devices! :) I forgot to mention that. PLus being able to add all the groups a member is in, since most members belong in several groups.

Ripley

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Original Survivor
Credits
Welcome, everyone who was prompted for a password reset!

The outages will be a rare, not a regular thing here. Look around, feel free to post, upload an avatar, a signature etc. :grouphug:

sonia

Northern Dreamwalker
Original Survivor
Retired Moderator
Credits
I love the new site! Very sharp.

Just one question. Did we lose the existing posts? I was looking to continue the discussion in some threads I posted in during the weekend and I can't find them.

Ripley

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Original Survivor
Credits
I love the new site! Very sharp.

Just one question. Did we lose the existing posts? I was looking to continue the discussion in some threads I posted in during the weekend and I can't find them.
Sonia, we have lost nothing at this point, although I know you may not be able to see the old site right now. We did not bring over every post, because there were concerns that some members might feel uncomfortable seeing their old posts here. We do have the ability to bring over everything with a little more time though.

@walkingdeadrules, @darksister @murph, @nana @honkytonkwoman, @merelei @keiran

Ripley

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Original Survivor
Credits
Thanks, @mia. We wanted it to be a special 2-year birthday gift to members and also have stability since the old site experienced outages in the system which had nothing to do with us, yet affected us.

Running and modding the site is much easier now with state of the art tools. We can embed more types of video, have better signatures and avatars plus navigate the site easily with fewer and merged boards.

We knew we had to bring over all of our custom smilies in addition to the great ones Xenforo has.

sonia

Northern Dreamwalker
Original Survivor
Retired Moderator
Credits
Sonia, we have lost nothing at this point, although I know you may not be able to see the old site right now. We did not bring over every post, because there were concerns that some members might feel uncomfortable seeing their old posts here. We do have the ability to bring over everything with a little more time though.
I was looking everywhere, not finding them. Just wanted to make sure that I was not senile. lol :giggle:

Ripley

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Original Survivor
Credits
No, not at all. We have some great plans for the old site, we will post about later this week and yes, we can bring over more favorite topics if everyone wants those. We wanted to be sensitive to how members might feel and staff had some concerns around it. :)

Top Bottom